Happy New Year All!
In order to lessen the mental load on players, shape difficulty has been toned down. In exchange, we’ve introduced a new type of block, which in essence, is a “double block”. These blocks need to be cleared twice, but maintains the same color once the first stage is cleared. The “brick-blocks” have also been changed as the clearing mechanics for those are a little too confusing, again adding to the complexity problem. Of course, these are radical changes so look forward to some balance changes in the next few patches.
Game System Changes
- A new block type that requires clearing twice has been added, dubbed the “double block”
- Play Pieces now occasionally spawn with double blocks
- Panic mode increases the rate of double block spawns
- Brick blocks only require clearing once by proximity now, as opposed to twice. As such, it also falls naturally without staying stuck.
- We’ve added difficulty settings to the story mode, which will receive more tuning in the coming patches
- Pone’s “1000 Shattering Fists” has swapped to level 4 and now uses the new Brick Blocks, with a fixed pattern
- Pone’s “Sky Splitter” has swapped to level 3
- Harland’s “Tweets of the Afterlife” now uses the new Brick Blocks
- Joseph’s “Brickinator” now uses the new Brick Blocks
- Setter Z’s “Burst Hurricane” has been changed to push the top of his blocks to the opponent’s board
- Leon’s “Slash Slash” has been changed to add double blocks instead of bricks
- Board blocks may animate incorrectly some of the time